Saturday, July 26, 2014

LOVE in a DISTANCE

One morning in a bright sunny day, in my way to the grocery store I passed by number of people waiting for their ride going up and others are going down the city. I saw kindergarten children, grade school pupils, high school and college student of different schools from their uniforms among them. Also waiting are adults going for work or elsewhere. Upon entering the store I noticed a young girl approaching down the road carrying a sack but I did not mind it as I went on to buy my needs. Then in my way back I reached her on her way as she walks slowly looking for recyclable waste left along the road. She is pretty with dark complexion and a bit malnourished by her size and age. In my mind she is supposed to be in school not at this situation so I feel a little hate to her parents. Slowly I walk alongside the road with her asking information about her that she readily gave. She was the third in the family of six, her older brother and sister are not studying, and her younger brother and sister are in grades one and two.  Her youngest brother who was still two years old was carried by her mother in sorting out garbage at the shop she works. Her father left them a year ago and he did not come back so she was forced to help her mother in finding ways to provide for their needs. With petty I felt for her I offered my store to buy her collection since I am in a business of that kind at that time nearby with a special price for her because the two kilometer upward road to where she sells her collection is a torment I can not imagine for her age of ten. And she accepted it promising me next time but maybe out of her young mind or other unknown reason she never came until I closed my shop venturing for another business. Then one afternoon after some years that passed, on board a passenger jeep going up to town, the weather is bad raining lightly, we meet a young lady hurriedly walking down the highway carrying a sack full of recyclable materials. Wet and seemingly singing on her way down by the movement of her mouth that I could see as we crossed our way and I recognized her to be the young girl I meet before! Suddenly upon recollecting her story feeling a mist that formed into my eyes, I shouted with my heart in my mind, my god how I can help her!!Then a thought came to me to alight from the jeep I rode to help her, but it sounds a crazy Idea because after all I am still a stranger to her. I have nothing to help her in my situation at that time, and the only thing that I could do for her was to pray for her, asking god to protect her, guide her and bless her so that in the years to come she will live fully contented and her dreams fulfilled and I will also be very happy with her from a distance. Thank you for reading and God Bless Us All!!

No comments:

Post a Comment